North Tiverton Fire District (NTFD) is an independent quasi-municipal agency providing water for drinking and fire protection purposes within a designated service area in the Town of Tiverton, Rhode Island. Its owners are the qualified electors (members of the district) that own property within the boundaries of the district. NTFD was established by legislation titled “An Act to Incorporate the North Tiverton Fire District and to Furnish a Supply of Water for the Town of Tiverton” which was signed into Rhode Island state law on April 24, 1926. The former Tiverton Water Authority (TWA) was dissolved and incorporated into the North Tiverton Fire District by legislative action in July of 2003 and took effect upon the transfer of assets in June of 2004. NTFD purchases treated water from two suppliers, the City of Fall River and the Stone Bridge Fire District. NTFD has no surface water sources of its own. There are two primary metered interconnections between NTFD and the City of Fall River, and three primary metered interconnections between NTFD and the Stone Bridge Fire District.